You wait ages for a guest blogging contest, and then two come along together...
My own guest blogging contest is open for entries until the end of this month, and has a top prize of $50. I do hope you will enter!
However, I just heard about another guest blogging contest with $500 worth of prizes, a prize fund which rather puts mine in the shade!
If you haven't heard about Blog Engage, it's a popular blogging community. Members help one another promote their blogs and get more visitors. In addition, they benefit from being listed on the Blog Engage website and various promotional activities that Blog Engage themselves perform (e.g. promotions via JustRetweet). If you're a blogger, it's a site you should definitely check out.
The rules for their current Guest Blogging Contest are copied below...
* Guest posts must be at least 900 words, not to exceed 2000 words.
* You may have as many links as you wish in the body of the content. However, please limit links to your projects or websites to your bio. Absolutely no affiliate links allowed. The links should be relevant to the post.
* Your bio must have a Gravatar. Please use a picture of yourself and not a logo.
* Keep your post relevant to the overall theme of this blog. You can write about any of the following topics: Making Money Online, Blogging Tips, Traffic, Design, Social Networking, SEO, Marketing, Technology and other industry or niche specific topics you think Blog Engage members would be interested in reading.
* All images must be picked and sent from Free Digital Images.
In addition, all would-be entrants are asked to publish a post about the contest on their own blog including a list of the contest sponsors' websites. As I am planning to enter the contest myself, you will find this list at the foot of the current post. The actual HTML you are asked to use is provided.
The contest is open for entries until February 15 2014. When the entry deadline is closed all contestants will be given an additional 15 days to market and promote their guest blog articles. The three winners will then be announced on February 28, 2014. The first prize is $250, the second prize $150 and the third $100.
A further benefit of entering the contest is that everyone doing so will be able to claim a free Blog Engage standard account worth $19.95 annually (this also means that entering the contest is free, of course).
To claim your free account, once you have posted your initial article about the contest, you should register as a user on the Blog Engage blog (where you will be posting your contest entry). This is a WordPress blog and you can register free of charge here.
Now contact Blog Engage to tell them the URL of your initial post. You can use their online contact form for this. If you aren't already a Blog Engage member, state that you intend to enter the Guest Blogging Contest and ask for a free standard account to be set up for you. Tell them your Blog Engage blog user name as well. They will then set up your account for you, and you should be able to upload your contest entry to the site.
As for how the winners will be chosen, the idea is that you promote your guest blog article on BlogEngage and try to get as much social activity and as many blog comments as possible. The winners will be chosen by BlogEngage themselves, based on the quality of the articles but also the amount of comments and social activity they generate.
For full details of the Blog Engage 2014 Guest Blogging Contest, please click this link to the Contest Information Page.
Good luck, and if you have any comments about the contest, please feel free to post them below!
Go Garden Guides
Just Gardening Fun
Earth Care Greenhouses