Scrivener Unleashed for Windows is a new video training product that has just been launched by London-based author, speaker and self-publisher David Lee Martin.
David is also the author of the excellent Kinspired Book Publishing, which I reviewed here earlier this year. This reveals how authors can break into the popular but often overlooked niche of religious, inspirational and self-help publishing, using the Kindle platform. This is an area in which David has achieved considerable success, though he does write on other topics as well.
David is a committed user of the popular writing and self-publishing tool Scrivener, and in Scrivener Unleashed for Windows he provides comprehensive training on all aspects of using it. The course already contains over 100 videos, and more are still being added. Among other things, they cover...
• How to set up a Scrivener project from scratch.
• How to utilize the Scrivener templates.
• How to format your documents perfectly.
• How to add research from just about any source, and organize it right within your Scrivener project.
• How to enjoy distraction-free writing (just one click away).
• How to export your project for Kindle publishing in just a few taps of the mouse.
• How to export to ePub format for the iBookstore, Kobo and Nook.
• How to take that same project and create a publish-ready PDF for CreateSpace.
• How to use Scrivener’s cork board view to rapidly create and arrange your projects.
• How to set writing goals, track your progress and check your stats.
• How to use Scrivener’s Collections feature to search, streamline and organize your projects.
New topics to be added soon include...
• How to organize your blog posts using Scrivener
• How to transfer Scrivener documents to WordPress
• How to copy and paste without formatting problems
• How to compile as HTML
• How to use Scrivener to create your email autoresponder series
• Multimarkdown basics
If you'd like to know more, I've embedded below a video in which David takes you through the basics of using Scrivener as a writing and publishing tool.
It's a full 30-minute presentation, and will give you a good overview of how Scrivener works. Even if you don't intend buying David's course, it will give you some eye-opening insights into how this inexpensive software can assist your writing and e-publishing activities.
If you are reading this post via email or RSS, you may need to visit my blog to watch the video.
If you are interested in David's course, you might like to know that it's currently on offer at a launch discount price of just $39. This is a one-off, lifetime fee, which also gives access to all additional modules that are added in future. I understand that after the launch period the price will be rising to $167.
If this is something you could benefit from in your writing and publishing, do check out the full information about Scrivener Unleashed for Windows via this link.
And as ever, if you have any comments or queries about this post, please do post them below!